Sexual Transmitted Disease GENITAL HERPES
• Introduction- To Know about this
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection (STI). It is caused by a virus called herpes simplex virus (HSV). Infection with HSV can cause painful sores and blisters around the lips, genitals, or anus. Sometimes, infection with HSV causes no sores. It is possible to have HSV and not know it. There is only cure achieved by homoeopathic medicines and infection can be managed easily.
• Cause And Mode of Transmission-
HSV (herpes simplex virus) is spread through direct contact with herpes sores, usually during vaginal, oral, or anal sex. HSV also can be present on the skin even if there are no sores. If a person comes into contact with the virus on an infected person’s skin, he or she can become infected.
After a person is first infected, HSV (herpes simplex virus) stays in the body. It travels to nerve cells near the spine and stays there until something triggers it to become active again. When this happens, the virus then travels along the nerves, back to where it first entered the body, and causes a new outbreak of sores and blisters.
• Symptoms of genital herpes -
1. Burning or itchy feeling in the genital area that lasts for more than 2-3 weeks.
2. Pain is experienced in the genital area, legs and buttocks.
3. Fluid is discharged from the Vagina, and pressure is experienced in the abdomen.
4. The sores appear after few days on regions where the virus has entered like penis, vagina or the mouth.
5. The other general symptoms that can occur under this condition are headache, fever, muscle aches and difficulty in urination.
6. The glands around the groin area also get swollen at times.
• Investigations – How to know about Genital herpes?
1. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test. PCR is used to copy your DNA from a sample of your blood, tissue from a sore or spinal fluid. The DNA can then be tested to establish the presence of HSV and determine which type of HSV you have.
2. Viral culture. This test involves taking a tissue sample or scraping of the sores for examination in the laboratory.
3. Blood test. This test analyzes a sample of your blood for the presence of HSV antibodies to detect a past herpes infection. The accurate herpes blood tests detect IgG antibodies.
Unlike IgM, IgG antibodies can be accurately broken down to either HSV-1 or HSV-2. A recent study corroborates this finding: labs that used non-gG-based tests for herpes had high false-positive rates for HSV-2 antibodies (14-88% saying the blood sample was positive for HSV-2) in samples that were actually only positive for HSV-1 antibodies. But 100% of the labs using IgG-based tests accurately reported that the blood sample was negative for HSV-II.
4. VDRL (Venereal Disease Research Laboratory) test is a blood test for syphilis that was developed by the eponymous lab. The VDRL test is used to screen for syphilis (it has high sensitivity), whereas other, more specific tests are used to diagnose the disease.
5. Swab test- Taking a swab test from a genital sore is the only way to accurately diagnose genital herpes. If people go to their doctor when a genital sore is not present, a swab test cannot be used for diagnosis.
Blood tests also can be helpful if no sores are present. These tests detect antibodies that the body produces to fight the virus. Blood tests also can show the type of HSV.
• Homoeopathic Aspect In Genital Herpes-
It is a contagious disease and use of homeopathic remedies is very effective in treating herpes. Effective results can be achieved by taking homeopathic medicines, and these are extremely safe.
1. There are no side effects caused by taking homeopathic medications, and are of great use in eradicating the condition from the root.
2. The intensity of the genital herpes takes a long time to cure and use of homeopathic medicine provides best results in very effective and harmless way.
3. Homoeopathic medicines are easy to take and it is safe for everyone.
• Homoeopathic Medicines For Genital Herpes-
There are so many medicines of genital herpes. After analyzing your condition we can give you a better treatment to make you disease free. Some are as follows:-
o Nat mur
o Hepar sulph
o Rhus tox
o Apis melifica